In the Library
Library cards are free and do not require permanent residency in Pitkin County. For those patrons who will be in the area for less than six months temporary cards will be issued. These temporary cards offer full borrowing privileges.
- Photographic proof of identification is required to apply for a card.
- Signature of a parent or guardian is required for any person under 13 years of age.
- Small children must be able to print their name in order to receive a card.
- There is a $1 replacement fee for lost cards.
- Lost materials or overdue amounts in excess of $5 block use of cards.