How do I sign up?
To receive text messages or automated voice messages about items on hold, please contact the library to update your record. Both the text message and the voice message state the library, the date through which the item will be held, and the title of the item.*
*Please note this service cannot be used in lieu of a library card and is only intended to provide notifications.
What texts will I receive?
Text NOTICES to view the current status of all the opt-in/out notices. These notices are ON by default.
Texting the keyword (e.g. HOLDS) to 844-225-9488 will turn that type of notice off. Text the keyword again to turn the notice back on.
- HOLDS: This is a notice that you have holds ready to be picked up.
- OVERDUE: This is a notice that things are already overdue.
- RENEW: This is a notice that things will soon be due, and you can renew them.
- FEES: This is a notice that there are fines or fees owed.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS: These notices will feature library closures, etc.
When will I receive texts?
Texts will be sent only when activity on your account triggers a message and will be sent between 9:00 am and 7:00 pm.
Send all keywords to 844-225-9488:
- TEST: Test your connection to the service.
- HELP: Get help with a command. E.g., type HELP FEES to get help with that command.
- MYBOOKS: Inquire about the status of all of your library items.
- IOWEU: Get a list of fines and fees for all registered barcodes.
- RHL: Get a list of holds expiring soon.
- HL: Get a list of holds that are ready to pick up.
- OA: The service will attempt to renew all overdue items and will reply with a list of items that were successfully and unsuccessfully renewed.
- OL: Generates a numbered list of all overdue items eligible for renewal.
- RA: The service will attempt to renew all items and will reply with a list of items that were successfully and unsuccessfully renewed.
- RI: Get a list of items that are coming due and that cannot be renewed.
- RL: Generates a numbered list of renewable items.
- MYCARDS: Generates a numbered list of the barcodes currently registered to your phone.
- ADDCARD: This will add a barcode registered to your phone for notices.
- DROPCARD: To remove a card from your phone for notices.
- ADDEMAIL: Change the email on your account.
- SWITCHPHONE: Update your phone number or mobile service provider (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, etc).
- RESEND: Receive the last message again.
- STOP: Immediately remove your number from the text service, no questions asked.
- QUIT: A longer way to quit the service. You will be prompted to enter the barcode and will receive a message confirming your request.