The Pitkin County Library is present in Snowmass Village at three different locations.
- Borrow an honor book or use a public computer at the Town Hall.
- Return honor books to the Town Hall.
- Pick up your holds and return books at the Recreation Center.
Please bring all donations to the Library in Aspen.
There is a drop box outside the Snowmass Recreation Center. You can return your library materials there.
Snowmass Recreation Center
Patrons can pick-up their holds at the Recreation Center 970-922-2240. This service requires that patrons have email as their notification method. Contact the library at 970-429-1900 if you are not sure how you are set up to receive notices. If you wish to pickup your materials there, go to the library's catalog to find the items and place a hold. Be sure to choose Snowmass Village as your pick-up location. If the Pitkin County Library doesn't own an item you want, try searching all the Marmot and Prospector libraries, and follow the same procedure to request an item. You will receive an email when the item arrives in Aspen. It will be checked out to your library card before it is placed on the courier to Snowmass Village. Note that this may slightly reduce the number of days you will have the materials before they are due back to the library. The Library uses a courier service to deliver the materials to the Recreation Center. It may take a day or more for items to be delivered.
- If you receive the notification email on a Saturday, Sunday, or Monday the earliest the item will be available in Snowmass is Monday.
- If you receive the notification email on a Tuesday or Wednesday the earliest the item will be available in Snowmass is Wednesday.
- If you receive the notification email on a Thursday or Friday the earliest the item will be available in Snowmass is Friday.
- Please claim your hold items at the Snowmass Rec Center within 8 days.
Next to the Snowmass Center, the Town Hall houses a room where you will find Honor Books and a computer with a printer for public use. The Library does not pick-up ANY materials at the Town Hall, so please do not leave any Library Materials or donations there.
View SMV PCL Locations in a larger map